Unisexual Ambystoma

Unisexual Ambystoma

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SciFund - Day 1 Success

The first day of the 2012 SciFund Challenge is almost at an end, and it sure was exciting! I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on Facebook and I've already reached 15% of my goal ($225)!

Initially, I've been pleasantly surprised at the diversity of my first six contributors. The feeling that I've maintained lasting relationships with folks from near and far is just as rewarding as the financial support. It really is.

So, a big thank you to my supporters from SciFund day 1!

Specifically, thanks go out to:

Dr. H. Lisle Gibbs, my major advisor, and appropriately, my first donator. 

Dr. Emily Taylor, snake biologist extraordinaire from Cal Poly. Read Emily's blog about everything snake-y

Nate Berggoetz, my former hockey teammate and mutual lover of Michael McDonald. Nate's $25 will allow me to continue takin' it to the streets ("it" being "science").

Shannon Evers, my colleague and former Ball State Cardinal. If you are lucky enough to be anywhere near Hawaii this May, take in Shannon's M.S. thesis talk on May 11th, entitled "Effects of increased load on locomotion in the brown anole, Anolis sagrei".

Dr. David Hayes, my biogeography professor from Eastern Kentucky University and with whom I've played many hours of 4-square. Here is a recent picture of Dave in his office:



AND

Allison "Chewie" Treadway another former Ball State Cardinal who is currently wandering Western Illinois searching for small mammals, I think. I wonder how cute she thinks they are after spending two years studying them?

That is it for today. I hope everyone looks forward to their rewards and hearing more about what your hard-earned dollars are funding: cool science! 

No comments:

Post a Comment